What do you tell yourself?

I've noticed lately that I don't verbally assault myself very often.
I've also noticed that I'm a lot more confident, and think a lot better of myself.

Which came first? Well, I made a conscious effort not to speak badly to myself. I removed myself from people who call me down. I stopped listening to songs that re-enforce the idea that we're hopeless and worthless.

It happened recently that I caught myself speaking ill of my own ability, and I realized how much it sucks to hear; I realized it because that kind of speech has been absent from my mind.

Take yourself out of the darkness; don't beat yourself up; there are plenty of other people out there who are more than ready to use their words to cut you down. Avoid them, and avoid speaking like them.

It's good for your spirit.

Very good.

Comments