7 yourself

My bank offered me more money on my credit card today.
I guess that makes sense, seeing as how I've been spending more, and my lowest payment is now more than it was last month. Maybe they know that I'm unemployed? Maybe it's just that time..
Or maybe there might be a pattern...

I see patterns everywhere.
Humans are natural pattern recognizers.
The more credit I'm allowed to pay back reminds me of another pattern; the pattern of 7's.

7 years ago there was a major financial collapse. You may remember that the dow ended 777 points lower when all was said and done. The then president George W. Bush signed a bill called the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, or HR 1424, that created a $700 billion dollar 'Troubled Asset Relief' to help out the banks.

All politics aside, that's a lot of 7's. It also happened 7 years after 9-11. A date that also was followed by a major shift in global economics. I guess that's what happens when you level the centre for global trade.

Here's another fun fact: 7 years before 9-11, the planet Jupiter was pounded with "more than 20" asteroids. They don't say 21, but it does say more than 20. The comet responsible was named Shoemaker-Levy.



That was 21 years ago. Interesting how that's a multiple of 7.

I wonder about what may happen this September. If the pattern continues, then there may be another major financial change. A shift of world economic powers is coming. Greece is a marker. I hear many folks expecting a banking collapse. Which would make sense, seeing as how Greece is in major trouble; but that's just speculation.

Speculation, triggered by the bank offering me more access to debt. As you can imagine, I don't trust the bank. I suspect that they also recognize the pattern. I suspect they are hoping to dupe me.

You may remember a time when bankruptcy would only affect your credit for 7 years. I believe this practice may have ended, but it was in effect when I was younger.

The idea for that principle comes from the Jews. It's written in their code of laws that after 7 years debts are to be cancelled. The seventh year is a Shemita year, or in other words, a sabbath of years. (Sabbath being Saturday, the 7th day).
The math is interesting.
In a year there are 52 sabbaths. 52 x 7 = 364. How many days in a year? Right... 364. In their shemita year they are supposed to let the land have it's sabbath, or in other words, rest. (No planting or harvesting). During the shemita year powers are reset, and debts forgiven. Hence where we get our 7 year bankruptcy/credit system.

The next shemita year starts in the spring of 2016.
Shabbat shalom, rebels.





Comments