End of a time



June draws to an end, and with it concludes another chapter in the life of Danger Thrill Show.

Neil and his girlfriend have moved out of our house.. or I guess it would be more accurate to say, they moved out of my apartment! It was a very close few months, to be sure.

This wasn't the first time Neil and I shared the same space. He stayed in my "tower" before. (The apartment I rent is on the top floor and has a little sunroom above the kitchen that acts as a guest room from time to time).

This time, however, because he and his girlfriend moved in, I gave them my room and I moved into my tower. I did the same thing when my parents visited. It only makes sense that a couple should use the area with more space, so as a bachelor I accepted my role in the guest suite.

But that' all over now. Just like tour.

And what a tour! Granted, 'tour' meant that we were only going about B.C. on the weekends, but that made it more profitable, less exacerbating, and easier to deal with as all the cast and crew still had time to go about their daily lives (which for most of them still involves touring and performing anyway).

We found a common occurrence at the beginning of each outset; the first night would usually involve a long day, a long drive, much free alcohol when we arrived at our destination, and very short tempers at the end of the night. Go figure, eh?

But this was a successful tour. Bossman Neil E. Dee learned he's got more skills than just hurting himself for your entertainment, as he played the roles of booker, manager, promoter, roadie, and leader, hence putting together a profitable and organized tour. Our crew learned to get along a lot better, and the show we have was very solid by the end.


We still live in Vancouver, and could still use many more props, practice spaces, money, support, blah blah blah... but it was very good.

And I still love driving through B.C.
...Even if it's a 10 hour haul in a van with no air conditioning.

If you're reading this and you live in the Vancouver area, you can come out and check this crazy business for one last seasonal show next saturday at my favourite little shop of horrors, Lana Lou's rock n' roll eatery on July 11th.



Comments